Tools & Materials List
Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- Cordless drill
- Hole saw, 2-1/4 in
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here’s a list.
- 55-gal. barrel with lid
- 4×4 treated lumber and construction screws or stainless steel lags, if you build a stand to elevate the rain barrel(s)
- 2-in. male threaded electrical (gray PVC) conduit adapter
- 2-in. female threaded electrical (gray PVC) conduit adapter
- Silicone caulk
- Threaded electrical PVC coupler
- Sections of 2-in. PVC pipe
- Unions reducers and valves
full article: How to Build a Rain Barrel