Giving you the courage and the steps to be prepared!
4. Get basic emergency skills
- Boiling: Bring water to a rolling boil for at least one minute.
- Distillation: Converting water into a vapor and then back into a liquid via direct or solar heat.
- Commercial Filter: A product designed and manufactured specifically for purifying water. These usually contain some type of charcoal or ceramic filter.
- Chemical: Using water purifications tablets, chlorine (bleach) and iodine.
- Solar Disinfection (SODIS): Exposing water filled transparent bottles to the sun for an extended period of time.
- Improvised Filter: Using multiple layers and combinations of sand, rocks, pebbles, grass and cloth to create a filter similar to how the ground naturally filters water.